Monday, May 21, 2012

Two weeks ago....

So two weeks ago was one of the toughest days of my life.  My surgery day for gastric bypass.  Would I do it again- ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I won't lie- the past two weeks were tough.  The first weekend I wanted to die- awful pain from the 'gas' they inflate you with during abdominal surgery, sore belly, swollen internally from all the incisions and whatever else they did. House bound... it was really hard.  And I know I have said this before, but could never have made it through without my husband, Dave.  He is truly my best friend and biggest supporter.

I finally got out of the house on Tues the 15th and I haven't looked back.  Yeah, I get tired.  I have to learn to pace myself.  That's the hardest part-I feel really good.  Losing about a pound a day.  My clothes are LOOSE...yay for dresses- they are so comfy!  A little bit of walking around goes a looooong way.

My intake of protein is getting better- need at least 60 grams a day.  Its so filling...  with any luck I can resume eating grilled or broiled fish starting Wednesday the 23d after my post-op.  I  miss that.  Sushi too,  (sans rice now).  This has been a total lifestyle change- and I love every minute.  Hoping to get the go ahead to do some yoga and free weights for toning on Wednesday too.  I don't want that saggy skin thing!!  lol  I am also going to look into some dance classes...for real this time.

I also wanted to take a moment and thank EVERYONE, near and far, family and friends, for all their support, kind words, thoughts and prayers.  I am truly a lucky girl to have such great support from everyone.   Thank you!!!!

Now if only all this itchiness would go away!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment