Friday, April 27, 2012

1st blog

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  
This blog will be my documentation of my Gastric Bypass Surgery to reverse my type 2 diabetes.  Surgery is aggressive and not for everyone, but I truly believe that l have a second chance at life, in general, after this life altering process.  I am truly looking forward to the end results!
I have done a lot of research; reading online, reading my 'workbook' from the hospital where I will be having the surgery (Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC from here on out....www.bidmc.org)) and talking to friends and family that have also had the surgery.  This was not an easy decision to make.  With the help of my VERY supportive husband, the urging of my endocrinologist and A LOT of reading, I determined now was the best time to accomplish this task.
Lets talk about friends and family for a moment- everyone has their own story and some are inspiring, others not so much.  Everyone one of them had this surgery for their own particular reason, from general weight loss to other health reasons, and of course, everyone heals differently after surgery.  Having had a couple of surgeries in the past decade, my body heals fairly slowly and requires frequent rest.  I am comfortable in making my decision and will document it to the best of my ability.
My hope for this blog is to be inspiring to people considering surgery in the future without sugar-coating the reality of the aftermath of Gastric Bypass Surgery.  
So below,  this is a picture of me, today....  I also intend to post regular pictures as well as document my weight and blood sugar tests.
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment